Saturday, May 10, 2014

Mother's Day Poem

When we got married we were all smiles,
our friends were all smiles, our families were all smiles.

It was such a lovely Tucson day; warm, clouds, with a hint of chill at night.
When we closed our eyes all I could do is hold you, love you, yearn for you.

That night I did not know what to dream about...I had you.

Over the next few months our lives got back to normal
and still I did not know what to dream about.
I just worried about school and work, I worried about money and bills.
Every night I dreamt about you.

Now that we have graduated from our small apartment
to living with your parents, we live in our castle.
Our reality goes beyond anything I might have dreamt about,

because of you, because of us, because of our family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment